Accidental Scientific Discoveries and Breakthroughs that changed the world

In the world of SCIENCE ,inventions and discoveries are made each day.But sometimes misjudging and miscalculations can lead towards major outcomes.Some causes huge lose while some accidentally discover a principle or a breakthrough.
Here I will discuss about top scientific discoveries made accidentally. Without them today’s life wouldn’t be possible.

As Plato said, “science is nothing but perception.”

1) PENICILLIN:
Forever enshrined in scientific legend, the discovery of penicillin—a group of antibiotics used to combat a variety of bacterial infections was a cause of dirty dishes.Scottish biologist Alexander Fleming was investigating staphylococci, known commonly as staph in his laboratory. After his return from vacation he found a strange fungus on a culture he had left in his lab—a fungus that had killed off all surrounding bacteria in the culture. And a modern medicine came into existence.
penicillin

2) PLASTIC:
A little over a century ago, the Belgian scientist, Leo Baekeland, accidentally made plastic in 1907. Originally naming the mixture of formaldehyde and phenol after himself, Bakelite -a waste product of coal.The scientist accidentally revolutionised pretty much everything in production and manufacturing.
plastic

3) ANAESTHESIA:
In 1846, a patient named Eben Frost came into Dr. William Morton’s office asking for a tooth extraction to remedy his unbearable toothache. Dr. Morton offered the idea of ether as anesthesia to Frost, who accepted it. Luckily, the procedure was successful and Frost came out of his tooth extraction without having felt any pain.
ana

4) COCA-COLA:
The inventor of coca cola was a pharmacist by profession.He wanted to cure headache. Pemberton used two main ingredients in his hopeful headache cure: coca leaves and cola nuts.Mixed the two with carbonated water,the world’s first Coke was the result.It was actually medicine but now used as a softdrink.
cocacola

5) MICROWAVE:
Back in the 1940s, Percy Spencer was working on a radar-related project. While testing a new vacuum tube, he noticed that a chocolate bar in his pocket had melted more rapidly than expected.He then checked the tube at other objects like eggs and popcorn kernels to see what would happen. After they too became heated, he concluded that microwave energy could have a new interesting application.And modern microwave was a result.

HOPE YOU LIKED IT! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

5 Likes

Great information.

1 Like

Thank you so much :two_hearts: I’m glad that you liked it!

Very informative.

1 Like

Thanks for appreciating :white_check_mark::+1:

1 Like

Great. You came up with an amazing topic so far. I loved it. Next you should write about the companies and their initial stages and later, how they became the giant brands. I cant post any content at the moment but i am willing to share my thoughts desperately.

1 Like

Thank you so much Sir! :blush: For your kind words and suggestion. Surely I’ll work on it!

Woww That’s sth new :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am waiting to read it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve read about discovery of penicillin with details and Flemming accidentally discovered a life saver indeed.

1 Like

Yes…An accident saved many lives.

1 Like

Wowww!!! your post is so convincing :two_hearts:but out of all inventions, I wish plastic was never invented :neutral_face:

1 Like

Wowww so informative

1 Like

Plastic na hota to kuch b na hotaa :pleading_face::pleading_face:
We are living in the world of plastic :pensive:

1 Like

That’s not true plastic na hota kuch b na hota we would have some alternative for this… Khairr choro Jo hai so hai😂

1 Like

Plastic hota toh hi uska alternative b hota na :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like