Aurat March: A look at the positive and negative aspects

“Aurat March” is a protest by some women of Pakistan organized by women’s rights organizations. It was conducted in different cities including Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad.

Any woman from all over Pakistan could take part in this protest holding any sort of placard or banner. The concept that served as an impetus was women’s empowerment. The women primarily demanded equality in the patriarchal male-dominant society.

The placards exhibited different slogans grasping the public attention. Among them were "Mera Jism Meri Marzi ", “Khana khud Karam Karo” and “Mujhe kya maloom Mera moza Kahan hai”

The concept was both endorsed and criticized at the same level. Not only males but many females were against the fact that this is not quite a graceful act.

The main slogan “Mera Jism Mera Marzi” was ridiculed enough and a majority considered it to be a rebellious and obstreperous notion and a threat to our traditions in the social and religious aspect.
What was the manifesto?

Aurat March manifesto is a paper consisting of eight points demanding synonymous and equitable social rights for marginalized gender groups, carved around the principle of “khud-mukhtari” (autonomy) to reconstruct the illustration on violence against our bodies, monetary constraints, and the environment by both community and the state. Primary demands comprise an end to economic violence, end to violence against our bodies, environmental rectitude, reproductive justice, end to state violence, inclusion and non-discrimination of socially vulnerable organizations, protection of rights of religious minorities, democratic rights to assure the independence of expression.

Aurat March proved to be a movement that spurred emotional frenzy among some individuals and a ray of hope for others helping them to come out of the gender restraints.

In my opinion, this topic has touched the extreme and is transgressing the limits and rulings assigned by our religion. The ayahs reveal that man has superiority over the women at least in the mundane perspective and women are bound to obey their husbands. Women on the other hand are far more respectable if taken positively. The Quran has emphasized that women should be covered as valuable things are but the movement if it is solely against women who are being assaulted, harassed, and raped then it is surely the right thing to be done. The independence women demand should be in accordance with our religion.

What are your views?

23 Likes

Good work💓

6 Likes

Thankyou :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

Nice thoughts. I agree

3 Likes

Agree to your point of view.

5 Likes

Thank you so much.

5 Likes

There are some points that contradict Islamic principles. They should be abondaned

5 Likes

Nice work :heart:

6 Likes

Glad you liked it

5 Likes

As u told that no other religion can give as perfect rights as Islam has given to women then why are they coming out on roads holding placards or banners where bulshit words are written like “mere jisam mere marze”??? What else they want? If physical violence at home is the problem then they can solve them with negotiation peacefully! These stupid women want themselves as european women are!!! If they had this desire then they can go there!!! We won’t let them to be roaming bare in this Islamic county! This is one of the conspiracy of non muslim to free Muslims’ women and deviate them from the right path!!!

6 Likes

Absolutely right. We have got tooo much into imitating the west.

5 Likes

This should not be the case

6 Likes

Nice komal

6 Likes

Thank you :relaxed:

5 Likes

I endorse every word

5 Likes

Thankyou :heart:

5 Likes

you’re welcome

5 Likes

The march has deviated from its cause.

2 Likes

Nothing in the march is worth considering :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Very descriptive but the thing “obey your husband” trigged me… it meant to be respect each other! for the reason that i have witnessed women doing unethical things just to obey their husband. From my own perspective, no, thank you! i don’t want equality! For the very clearer reason i cant stick to one job more than a year - thats when i realised why Allah has put the financial responsibility on man. It all depends on mutual understanding and i guess if a woman wants to claim her rights then she needs to sit down and talk to the men - father, brother or husband rather than going on the road. Speak to them, convince them, explain your thoughts to them and most importantly listen to them too.

1 Like