Christian Betzmann and Zoya Nasir calling quits; Here's what happened!

Christian Betzmann, a German vlogger and influencer, landed himself in hot waters after his insensitive remarks regarding Palestine’s situation. He faced a backlash from his Pakistani followers, in a conversation with an Instagramer, he used utterly harsh words like “prayers do nothing” and “you have no power” (referring to the online protesters). He views first world countries as the doers and third world countries as the non-doers.

German-vlogger-Christian-Betzmann-under-fire-for-criticising-Pakistan

After the publication of his said conversation, Christian finally responded to the controversy saying Pakistan needs to accept constructive criticism and stated that he never insulted any prayers.
In his non-apology, he mentions that he loves Pakistan, and that his words were twisted.

Few days later it was announced by Zoya Nasir, his ex-fiancée, that they are no longer engaged to be married. She stated, “There are certain religious and social boundaries that can’t be crossed no matter what, hence, the decision to part ways.” This decision of hers was supported by a number of people, including tiktok star, Romaisa khan and youtuber, Shahveer Jafry.

Was it right of Christian to talk about such a sensitive subjective, so carelessly? and was it right of Zoya to part ways with him? is still a matter of discussion.

30 Likes

He should’ve used his words cleverly.

3 Likes

The points that Christian raised were not required right now. I mean we all are already going through a difficult time seeing our innocent brothers and sisters dying. And people right now are frustrated and vulnerable, whatever his intentions were but his statements put a negative impact on the people.

5 Likes

It was disgusting of him to say such mean things.

3 Likes

He definitely needs to learn how to put his thoughts into words that are not misleading, if thats what he claims.

4 Likes

totally agreed with what you said!

3 Likes

He could’ve used better language.

2 Likes

i agree with you!

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right!

3 Likes

What he said was wrong. Zoya did right by leaving him.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s right

3 Likes

He was wrong obviously

2 Likes

Agreed! He was wrong.

2 Likes

Saying encouraging stuff will help motivate people to participate more in saving Palestinians from the barbaric nation Israel. Him degrafing third world countries and mocking them for praying is wrong and hurtful. I’m not sure about Zoya but if I was his fiance I would have definitely reconsidered marrying him

7 Likes

it was pretty demeaning.

2 Likes

Agreed with it

2 Likes

He should have been careful with how he delivered his message

3 Likes

Totally agreed!

1 Like

he should’ve structured his words intelligently

2 Likes

i agree with your sentiment, he should’ve acted maturely in my opinion. regarding zoyas decision i think it was right, one can’t cope with so much racism.

3 Likes