Daily topic: What is the most hurtful thing someone has said to you?

Discussion Rules:

• Remain respectful of other members at all times and respect their opinions.
  • Do not use “offensive” language, links, or images.
  • Don’t post spam, adverts, or self-promotion.
  • Do not post copyright-infringing material.

Replies that are off-topic or offensive or add no value to the discussion will be removed.

Suggest topics for tomorrow’s discussion here: Suggest a topic for daily discussion

This topic was suggested by: @Halima_Sadia

18 Likes

The most hurtful words I had ever heard were of my mother. When I topped the class I was very happy cuz it was my first time and I was very excited to tell this to my momma but what I heard in response broke my heart she said " this is not something to be very happy about everyone can do it " instead of appreciating my efforts she said such words to me.

18 Likes

I can feel that how much those little appreciations matter the most which parents sometimes forget to take in consideration!

10 Likes

The most beautiful time of our life is when u are financially in poor condition. Then we can imagen that which one can stand with us in bad time

6 Likes

When you At A Job doing work from your heart n Soul ,And Your Boss Said that what do you do work, this is just bull shit and waste our time.

Thats Hurts a Lot…

4 Likes

I guess the most hurtful comment would be whenever anyone makes a joke about me being born or being born different from my siblings mentally. Even if it is a joke or sometimes serious, it still leaves an impact like no other comment.

12 Likes

:sparkles:I think so everyone has such a thing in his/her life which makes him hurtful at some moments.
:fallen_leaf:Sometimes our parents say such a thing which makes us hurtful and it’s the more painful thing when you are discouraged by your parents. When you need your parents by your side but they are not with you. Same thing happened to me.
:dizzy:But in a positive way it’s a good thing to find your true self and not to depend on anyone.

6 Likes

That’s quite hurting. But one must consider. Sometimes mother’s are busy and out of mood because of workload on them. They never intend to hurt or discourage their children.

I nowhere mean to say that u have perceived ur mother’s words wrong, rather i mean to console u :blush:

7 Likes

The most hurting and unforgetabale thing that someone said to me was not someone but my best friend ( soul sister) .
When i was preparing for the medical test she said that why you are doing much effort on this, you can’t do this. Although she knew very well that i was the topper of class but she always say that no one from our school can pass this test.
This hurt me alot.

6 Likes

Everything in this world has two faces. If it is good then it is bad also. If it has some advantage then it should have some disadvantage. Because nothing is totally perfect in this world. Everyone and everything should have their opposite angles. Like wise people in this world also have two behaviors. If they are good with you in some condition then at some time they will be your great opponent and usually come up with such points that hurt you alot and make you depressed.
Am also a victom of such duality of a great person in my life. There was a time when he was everything for me. I share my every feeling with him. A true gift from me. I was proud of my friendship. But as it is a natural thing that everything has a lifespan. So my friendship also has a short span. It was ruined at a time. The reason behind that was that taunts he used to put on me which i share to him considering him sincere. But he used that my feelings to break me. These all taunts and repeatition of my feelings hurt me alot and become a cause of breakdown of our friendship.

3 Likes

When i leave my village and go to hostel in city for furthur studies then my family reaction is too much agressive and my aunt said"we are watching if she complete her studies in a very disrespectful manner" but i am not thinking for anyone and i continue my studied and now i am a radiologist and i am the one in my whole village who achieved any destination

5 Likes

When I aced a friend of mine in 2nd year of FSc,his mom said :“You are the reason my son lagged (he was 1st in 1st year). You gave him anxiety and disturbed him. If you weren’t around,he would surely have the 1st place you have snatched now.”
And all my hardwork throughout the year was turned down like this.

2 Likes

I was very very young, may be 5 or 6 years by age, when we were having a family dinner with my maternal family. My uncle was there too. I don’t exactly remember, since it has been a huge time gap now, if I literally was gazing at his plate or not but what I still do remember, is that he left his place and my mother went behind him to request him rejoin us in the dinner. But he was not convinced to come back, rather shouted, pointing at me that I WAS GAZING AT HIS PLATE WHILE HE WAS EATING…
(I can’t exactly recall his words, but the that time was not less than a curse on me.)

He didn’t like if anyone looks at his plate.
He has overcome this habit now and I MUST MENTION that he has 90% good habits otherwise. :blush:

3 Likes

Prove them that they are right. Yes u might be mentally different than your siblings but tell them, that u r nowhere inferior, rather superior.

The difference between you and normal person is, Allah has chose you to bear this condition (whatever it is) and not everyone, in sight of Allah, can bear it on. :blush:

7 Likes

Kudos!
Make your conscience proud!

1 Like

Whenever my mom says that that your are a couch- potato,you do noting and you are use less it hurts me a lot .:pleading_face::sleepy:

2 Likes

Yes Inn Sha Allah, one day I will. JazakAllah✨

1 Like

Well she should have appreciated you as no one is a true supporter of you except your mother.

1 Like

The most hurtful words I’ve ever heard are the words of one of my friend, he said “Due to you I can’t have a mobile phone till now” :worried:

Yeah I do agree that’s so sweet of you!:heart:

1 Like