Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship. Google aims to inspire these students to continue in the field with such a program.
This program is committed to addressing diversity in our company and in the technology industry. Students who are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology industry are encouraged to apply.
- Currently in the second year of study, enrolled in a Bachelor’s program, majoring or intending to major in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Excellent programming skills (C++, Java, Python).
- Ability to complete a full-time, 10-12 week internship between May and August 2021 (exact program dates will be provided at a later point in the process).
What does it offer?
- Software Project: A development project that you will work on with a team of Googlers and other STEP Interns.
- Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills, and gain exposure to new tools and programming languages.
- Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers. Additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, approach technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
- Mentorship: Be matched with a Google Engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
- Fun: Engage in social activities, community building and networking. Build relationships with your peers.
- Exposure: Gain a unique glimpse into applying your Computer Science studies in a professional environment.
Specific responsibilities vary by project area.
By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India; Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Our Summer internship starts in May/June 2021 and is 10-12 weeks in duration.