Is Slogan "Mera Jism Meri Marzi" Misinterpreted?

Let’s Today talk about the main slogan of Aurat March. Some say this slogan is being used to promote western styles of exposing bodies while other say it’s misinterpreted. I will be discussing point of view of the both sides here.

"Mera Jism Meri Mrzi" was invented by Marvi Sarmad and Party in 2019. It’s been a topic of controversy since than.

One point of view is that ‘Mera Jism Meri Mrzi’ means You can’t stop me from short dressing or whatever. It’s my body and I can do anything with it. You are nobody to stop me.
If this is the meaning, It’s completely a Wrong Slogan. You are living in an Islamic State and you can’t do improper dressing. Even Men should not be allowed to do improper dressing. People who are against this slogan say: Those Women, like Marvi Sarmad, Living in Western countries want to contaminate the minds of our sisters and daughters.

A Writer Of The News Described it perfectly:
"Campaigners of the ‘Mera Jism Meri Marzi’ scheme in their 2019 demonstration had already displayed in public what was their goal.

With the same theme – Mera Jism Meri Marzi- the last year’s Aurat March had caused serious provocation in the society because of the obnoxious slogans displayed by the participants in some major cities of the country. Many of the slogans could not even be reported by the mainstream media for being so disgusting and indecent.
Instead of addressing the issues facing Pakistani women, the Aurat March scheme promises unchecked ‘freedom’- which can’t be given to anyone whether man or woman - promoting rebellious attitudes."

While Other point of view says that the slogan is ‘misinterpreted’. They say it means that It’s my body and you can’t touch it without my permission.
Pakistani Actress, Mahira Khan came up to speak in the favour of this slogan:
“When I say ‘Mera Jism Meri Marzi’, I don’t mean I want to strip my clothes off and run around naked!”

“I mean to say that I am a human and this is my body, so it is up to me whether I allow you to stare at it or touch it, or not. It means that I can report you if you don’t comply. It means that I can take an action against you if you harass me because you have no right over MY body,”

Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan said in a press conference on this issue. “The government did not take sides over the Aurat March".
"We neither support slogans like ‘Mera Jism Meri Marzi’ nor do we side with baton-wielding marchers,” Dr Awan emphasised.

Well I think this slogan is completely Misleading and Not Misinterpreted. This slogan should not be used at all. People who share the second point of view, are at wrong. We should not be supporting such ‘Unethical’ and Anti Islamic Slogans which could result in spoiling the minds of our young generation.
Share your thoughts in the Replies. What do You Think about ‘Mera Jism Meri Marzi’?

12 Likes

This slogan is totally unacceptable.!

2 Likes

Really broh, it’s totally unacceptable. :pensive:

2 Likes

Mera Jism Meri Marzi means what the slogan implies. That it is my body, mine. Not yours, not anyone else’s. The people who do not support this statement are backward minded, and they will never be able to step into society as mature people Because literally, grow up! Women are being raped, harassed, on the streets and in their own homes! Women are being killed for honour, slapped for speaking too much. Women are the target of domestic violence! WHY DONT YOU JUST GROW UP AND FACE THE FACT THAT WOMEN ARE STEPPING UP, AND YOU NEED TO STEP UP WITH THEM!

Matlab just look at all the things women have to face at an everyday basis. Aur ap log abhi tak wahin k wahin bethay ho k dont use this slogan.

There is nothing wrong with this slogan, what is wrong is your thinking.

2 Likes

No mann. It is the base of Behyai movement which started in 2019. I am not against women demanding their rights. I am against this slogan because it is being used to say I can dress in whatever bikini shit I want.

2 Likes

Come Onnn. This Slogan means I can wear anything bikini shir I want and express my body. It means I can do Adultery and Nobody can stop me. This Is My Body!
I am not against women demanding their rights and raising voice against harassment. I am against this slogan which is just used to spread behyai in our society.

3 Likes

I did quote her. She means that when she says it. Not Everybody!
This slogan was not invented to say this. It was solely to promote behyai. Everybody knows this. They want Cloths Independence like they have in western countries which could not be allowed at any cost in an Islamic State.

3 Likes

Well despite being a girl, I think I have got the same views as you’ve got…The slogan is totally absurd…But I appreciate the interpretation of Mahira…:+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’m sorry but who are you? Just because you’re against a slogan does not make it wrong! If men can do whatever they want, then women should not be opposed to it. Whatever a woman does, or whatever a man does, is between them and Allah. Aap kon ho bhae ye batane walay k kya sahi hai aur kya galat. Don’t tell a woman what to say and what not to say! AGAIN, IT IS BETWEEN HER AND ALLAH. AGAR GALAT HAI TOU KAYAMAT K DIN PATA CHAL JAYEGA NA? ABHI AAP KYU KHUDA BANNA CHAH RAHAY HO BHAE?

Neither of the interpretations make sense.!! Even the second one ,that you put forth as if it might legitimize the slogan, is absurd. No one asks a woman to relinquish her rights over her body. Aurat March has no real agenda to come up with, thats why they capitalize on controversial statements and slogans

1 Like

Well said bro .:relaxed:
Everyone has the right to express their thoughts in limited way and you express yours well.
Good job​:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

agree dear.

Nah Nah Girl. If a girl runs naked on the street, should we just say it’s between her and Allah. We are the part of society and we can not let anyone harm the ethics of our society.

2 Likes

I’m agree with you Bro.

2 Likes

They have the right to demand for their rights and they should. But such absurd slogans should be avoided. That’s it.

2 Likes

Thanks Bro :blush:

1 Like

Jo b ho mera jism meri mrzi.!

1 Like

When I first saw this slogan the thin came to my mind was that you want freedom and if you are being harassed or even rapped you don’t need anyone for help because this is your body and what is happening to you is absolutely your choice.

This slogan must not be prompted. I completely agree with your points!!!

2 Likes

LOL BRO. I know you are kidding :joy::upside_down_face:

Yeah Exactly :+1:

1 Like