Is Social Media The Reason For Mental Health Issues?

Social media is a key part of our lives now. 24/7 we are near our phones and mostly on different social media platforms. These platforms were made to connect and share our lives with our friends, fellows or even other people. But don't u think we are over using these platforms? we are creating unrealistic standards? we are showing only the good parts of our lives ? We are making this "PERFECT" image that doesn't even exist.
  Not everyone out there is able to grasp this concept that social media life is not real life. There are teenagers and kids who get influenced by all this glitter and glamour being showed off and try to immitate it. Whenever they're struck with some minor problem, they start blaming it on them, cursing themselves, harming themselves, saying things like "WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME". 
   No matter how much we try to advocate that don't fall for the perfect photos of people, we should appreciate them, you never know how much they've been through etc et etc , We still at some point find ourselves comparing ourself to them!!!. How many times have you felt sadness when seeing somebody post about their trip and you're imagining " look at me, i'm here bored in my room and she's out there enjoying"? How many times you've compared yourself with someone who wears nice clothes with what you have in your wardrobe? How many times have you thought that your parents aren't providing you a good life just because someone posted a picture of an expensive gift they recently got from.their parents or posted a photo of how beautiful their bedroom looks? 
  It is  creating an ENDLESS chain of comparison. We are falling into this deep pit of sadness and depression and hatred and jealousy just because someone has something better than you.
 So what are your thoughts on it? How can we stop people from comparing their lives with others? How can we stop them going into sadness, depression and other mental health problems??

images (2)|690x361

1 Like

yes its influence our minds

1 Like