Maintaining life-long friendships, in a beautiful way like never before

Heart breaks exist but the pain you feel when you are experiencing bad terms with a friend is whole new type of hurt as it also works two ways. We hang out with a lot of people, but not everyone is a friend. You automatically feel disconnected and distant from a friend who is not willing or showing any interest, you’re the only one who is reaching out and making efforts. The whole pandemic situation added to the effect. Being in quarantine and with frequent lockdowns happening, slowly because of limited to no interaction, sociability declined.

Honestly speaking, not only friendships but many other relations have turned superficial nowadays where there is little to no emotional bonding. One reason might be that people are becoming sensitive, insecure and private about their lives because of trust issues and judgement they face. We prefer staying silent rather than consoling someone because of the fear “what the other person would take it as”. You go to places with them, take pictures, eat together and come back to post stories on social accounts. For the time being you feel good, but when the day ends you feel the same emptiness or somehow you’re back to where you left.

I’m not saying stop all those things but what if there is something much better you can do. Make a peanut butter sandwich, take some cookies, fresh fruits, snacks, pack them in a lunch box and go with your friend on a picnic. Clearly admirable than paying for expensive food in the restaurant. Keep in mind that you’ll get to know someone better when you have quality time with them. While looking in their eyes you will observe that there are so many unspoken words and a big unexplored sea of emotions. If you’re long distance friends try asking them how your day went on a voice note wholeheartedly, truly a beautiful option than replying to their story. Don’t delude a person by showing fake compassion. Strive just a little to bring that originality of your human nature. Take those small steps to revive the sincerity and authenticity in your persona. Put that effort and trust me it will work wonders for both sides.

35 Likes

The end part is so heart touching :sob:

5 Likes

This was such a great read, couldn’t help but agree with everything you said. Keep up the amazing work! :heart:

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it <3

5 Likes

You Are Poor , If you Have no Friend . Says Hazrat Ali (A.H)

2 Likes

Amazing :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

This is so true… Only those who make efforts to be your friend are the only friends… They are gems…

3 Likes

True👍
Enjoyed it alot

3 Likes

wonderful!

2 Likes

I need someone to come with me have a chai or anything they like talk to me ask me, listen to me, hug me and tell me halima you have a purpose to serve you have fought your own battle on your way don’t be disheartened you’ll be blessed with what you have been praying for :heartbeat::pray:

1 Like

This is exactly what everyone of us need to understand. :100:

2 Likes

That’s so true :heart:

1 Like

Excellent idea! :purple_heart: My type of hang outs.:sunflower:

1 Like

Exactly should be protected at all costs.

1 Like

Glad to hear that.

In Sha Allah the hope is near :heart_eyes:

That point of 'what the other person would take it as ’ hit different

1 Like

so true… ive always struggled with friendships… may be because i am sort of an introvert… and also i like picnic over fancy restaurants but nowadays people only make friends to post fancy restaurant food stories on social media. idk

1 Like

I know right :upside_down_face:

May you find a beautiful friendship you deserve, for who you are <3

1 Like