Man hires woman to slap him every time he uses Facebook in order to increase his productivity

FDwpOyAWYA8tOkT
Image Courtesy: Twitter

Everyone wants to increase his or her productivity, and everyone tries different methods to do so. However, one man found an unusual way to increase his daily productivity. An Indian-American man hired a woman to slap him every time he uses the famous social networking site Facebook.

In 2012, Maneesh Sethi posted an ad on Craigslist, an American classifieds website, searching for someone to assist him in increasing his productivity. All they had to do was slap him across the face. He had been spending a significant amount of time on Facebook.

Sethi, the CEO of wearable gadget firm Pavlok, posted on Craigslist, “I’m searching for someone who can work next to me at a fixed place (my house or a mission cafe) and will be sure to check what is going on my screen.”

“You’ll have to yell at me or, if necessary, slap me when I’m wasting time.” Twenty people reacted to the message within one hour. Sethi used Craigslist to hire a female named Kara to hit him in the face every time he used Facebook.

He employed the woman for $8 per hour and discovered that this pain-for-gain strategy paid off handsomely, as his productivity improved from 35-40% to 98pc.

“The fear of getting slapped wasn’t the driving force behind the production,” Sethi added. “It became a lot more enjoyable as a result of that.” The true reason Kara increased my productivity was because she introduced a social element to his work."

A photo of Sethi being slapped by Kara recently resurfaced on social media, and it piqued Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s interest, prompting him to respond with two fire emojis.

“I’m the guy in this image,” Sethi later responded to Musk’s post. Is Elon Musk’s gift of two emojis the pinnacle of my achievements? Is this a case of my Icarus flying too close to the sun? Was that conveyed by Elon’s use of fire symbols? “On the other hand, time will tell.”

2 Likes