Pakistani films that are worth the watch!

Parwaaz Hai Junoon

This film, was released in 2018. It stars Ahad Raza Mir, Hania Amir and Hamza Ali Abbasi. Parwaaz Hai Junoon is one of the few good Pakistani films that I have thoroughly enjoyed watching. It is filled with drama, comedy, romance, and even action! PHJ is a great watch for all genders, and age groups.
It revolves around Sania (Hania Amir) who joins the army in the remembrance of her late boyfriend (Hamza Ali Abbasi). There, she meets new people, and invests herself in serving the country.
It is a great watch, and I would recommend it to everyone!

220px-Parwaaz_Hai_Junoon

Bol

Bol was released in 2011. It is one of the films that defines the Pakistani film industry. It shars Humaima Malik, Mahira Khan, Atif Aslam, and other renowned actors. Bol is a film that has a strong, dark topic, and it is only liked by a certain audience.

Bol is about an extremely religious father, who believes Allah will take care of everyone. With this thought in mind, his wife has to give birth numerous times. The conflict arises when the father refuses to accept their transgender son, and this creates a dispute amongst the family.

bol

Laal Kabootar

This film was released in 2019. It was Pakistan’s official entry in the 92nd Academy Awards, but unfortunately, it wasn’t nominated. Ahmed Ali Akber and Mansha Pasha are the two leading actors.
This film is about the two protagonists who come across each other at a point. Alia (Mansha Pasha) wants to seek revenge, and Adeel (Ahmed Ali) wants to move to Dubai. This power-packed film shows the harsh reality of the society. It is really satisfying to watch!

220px-Laal_Kabootar_Movie_Cast

Janaan

Janaan was released in 2016. It stars Bilal Ashraf, Armeena Khan and Ali Rehman Khan as leads. Other cast members also include Usman Mukhtar, Hania Amir, Naimal Khawar Abbasi and many more.
Janaan revolves around the life of Meena (Armeena Khan), who returns to Pakistan after 11 years in Canada. She wants to visit a family wedding, and gets romantically involved with a cousin.
Love triangles, songs, family drama, light-hearted comedy, Janaan is a fun film to watch! It Is one of the very few family drama films that I have thoroughly enjoyed watching it! I hope you do too.

Khuda Kay Liye

This film was released in 2007. It stars the Pakistani heart throb Fawad Khan, Shaan Shahid, and Iman Ali. Khuda Kay Liye is also one of the films that had provided a base for the Pakistani film industry.
Khuda Kay Liye is about two brothers who are singers, Sarmad (Fawad Khan) and Mansoor (Shaan). Sarmad is influenced by a Muslim maulana and decided to leave singing. Mary (Iman Ali), a British-Pakistani woman is forcefully married to Sarrmad. Conflict arises as Sarmad forcefully consummates, and Mary gets pregnant. Mansoor goes to Chicago, and falls in love with a girl. But after the events of 9/11, Mansoor is tortured because of his Islamic background. Mary takes her father and Sarmad to court.
This film has such strong topics, that it leaves you a changed person. I would highly recommend this to everyone!

hqdefault

6 Likes

Bol to me was the best Palistani movie I watched. It was a Decent movie …

3 Likes

Yes. Truly thought-provoking.

1 Like

Parwaaz hai junoon is loveeee

1 Like

Parwaaz hai junoon is a non-stop cringefest, a below-average one at that. Shouldn’t be included in list with the likes of Bol & Khuda Kay Liye. Same with Janaan, should have had Zindagi Tamashaa instead, which is 1000x better, in a league of its own.

1 Like

Oh! I haven’t seen Zindagi Tamasha. Perhaps I should! Thankyou!!

1 Like