Pakistan's economy needs more time to recover: Special Assistant Revenue

ISLAMABAD: Special Assistant to the Prime Minister for Revenue Dr. Waqar Masood Khan has said that Pakistan’s economy has just started to flourish and the economy needs more time to improve.

Talking to Geo News, Dr. Waqar Masood said that the IMF has been told that we need a program and our compulsions due to Corona should be understood so the IMF review mission will come to Pakistan soon.

He said it was yet to be decided whether the IMF review mission would visit Pakistan or conduct a virtual review.

The Special Assistant said that Pakistan’s economy has just started to flourish and the economy needs more time to improve. Pakistan’s economy can pay Rs 13,000 billion in taxes annually. But even if we pay only Rs 9,000 billion in taxes annually, improvement is possible.

He added that completing the reform process in the FBR is the first priority while all kinds of buying and selling information have been obtained by the FBR with the help of technology.

Dr. Waqar Masood said that based on my experience, I have been appointed to this post by the government. I did not want any post but accepted the post at the insistence of some friends.