Pakistan's first female MMA fighter breaks stereotypes

images (32)
A 22 year young lady, belonging from Karimabad, Hunza named Anita Karim, is the first female mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter, who made Pakistan proud at International level. At her second international match, she swept the board by dominating all three rounds of the fight at One Warrior Series (OWS) in Singapore, against Indonesia’s fighter Gita Suharsono.
It took her only two months to master sports and bring it off to international level. She is a proud Pakistan’s first MMA and only female fighter and being first in her league, it could have been challenging but despising that urgency she talks to express tribune;
“It is quite usual, to be honest. I belong to a family of Taekwondo black belt holders and to an area where the women do all the toughest work. The bodies of the women in our region are trained to do hard work. From an early age, we carry a lot of load on our backs and climb up the hills. A woman carries around 20 to 30 kilogrammes of wood, crop and other necessities for many kilometres. This makes our muscles adapted to hard work.”
Living in a male-dominent society she further says;
"When I was born and raised, I used to hear that the sons are the ones who make their parents proud. I never liked to hear people say that women are made to do household work and they should stay within their limits. I always used to tell my dad that I will become his son and do everything that men can do.”

Here is the detailed story of her at Express Tribune:

Her detailed interview at DBTV:

29 Likes

Wowww :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Good work broo

2 Likes

Waaoo…MashAllah…an inspiration to us :heart:

4 Likes

Mashaa Allah :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Glad you posted about her… she’s indeed an inspiration to us, proud of her👍