Seasonal Beggars…!

Now-a -days I prefer to say that begging is a profession. They are turned into mafia. How do we differ which one of them deserves our charity? Those who were found in front of the mosques, restaurants, religious shrines, tourist places, street corners, cinemas, and mostly at our doorsteps. I mean like they have no self-respect for themselves. If you have noticed they are like in their 20s, with working hands and feet means they are not disabled, they can earn money by doing some work but no because they have tasted the fruit. Why would they earn money by working if they can have it in a more easy way?

On the other hand, people who really deserve our charity don’t come to us because they are ashamed to beg and it is below their dignity. These types of people really deserve our charity. As professional beggars are present in every nook and cranny of the country, it is hard to believe that there are people living in humble circumstances and those in actual need to whom preferences should be given.

Children are the victim of Pakistani’s begging mafia

In Pakistan, it is believed that visiting, shrines and giving money to beggars will increase the chance of their prayers being heard. So many children in Pakistan every year are kidnapped by the begging mafia and they force them into begging. They make them disable so they can bring more money either by cutting their limbs or making them blind. These beggars have divided different areas and spots between themselves.

Beggars during special events around the year

Especially in Ramadan, these beggars come in the flock and they have set a target of money collection. During the whole Ramadan, they go from house to house and collect money. In the whole city, where ever you look you see them even on traffic signals.

The second event on which they come is the harvest season. In Sindh when harvest season comes these beggars go to these farmers and ask them either for money or the grain. They either come for help or call themselves “SYED”.

Beggars from other countries in Pakistan

These beggars say they came to Pakistan because of war. But they can go in either country on the map but why Pakistan? On asking they said Pakistanis give more money than any other country.

Charity in Pakistan

A study conducted by Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy shows that Pakistanis give around Rs240 billion (more than $2 billion) annually to charity.

Don’t give them cash

According Punjab Child Protection and Welfare Bureau (CPWB) don’t give them cash but give them cooked food and water. If we give them the cash they can use it for drugs. That’s why we see so many drug persons (JAHAZ) on Lahore roads.

Then how to help them!

Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“By the One in whose hand my life is, it is better for one of you to take a rope and carry firewood on his back than for him to go to someone and beg, who will either give him or refuse to give him anything.”

(Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 1470 and Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 1042)

So there are ways to help them. We should discourage them and tell them there is a better way to spend life. We should not give them money but instead, give them a cart so that they can sell things and stop begging. Government should start a program where they offer them jobs and also start programs in which they can learn some professional techniques and be able to earn by themselves,
And we should look for real needy people who really need our support and charity but don’t ask out of shame. Those people are the real Deserver.

I really needed to say much more but this topic is very lengthy. I ask you to give you views regarding this.

16 Likes

Exactly you explained very well

1 Like

Very Well Explanation :sparkles:

1 Like

Still wanted to write on one more sub topic
Par pahlay hi kafi lengthy ho gya tha

1 Like

Yes you gathered great piece of information.Keep up the good work :+1::+1:

Very true :100:
These professional beggers beg 24/7 and 365 days cz now it is a profession. Even they come more than 2 times a weak and beg for the same reason…
A woman often comes and beg for money and the reason she everytime tells is that she is poor and she has to marry her daughter and i cant understand how many bundles of daughters she has :joy: :joy:

1 Like

they sure have bundles of daughters because they have a lot of free time and they don’t know what to do other than this. :joy: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Very Well Researched.

1 Like

Pakistan ky logo pagal hain naw bhol es leye paisy dety hain ma ny b kafi jago py ye dekha ha sham wala qissa

1 Like

Is lya agar woh kahain kay hamain grocery kharadni ha paisay day dain
To un ko paisay na dain balkay grocery lay dain.

Haha :joy:
True btw :100:

1 Like

Some of them earn more than a university graduate.
They think it’s an effortless job.

1 Like

yes literally they are so weird recently ek video viral hui th is me aunty ke pass apni car the and she was begging for money to refill her car`s petrol like disgusting

1 Like

Adat par jati ha un ko is lya phir nahi chor patay

2 Likes

Q laty han ye log pir drugs :woman_shrugging:

Kam karna nahi ha in logon nay, phir qismat ko kostay hain, or pata nahi kon kon say gham hain in logon ko.
Ham nay yah bat aksar jagah suni ha jo sach bhi ha kay**" Ap ghareeb paida hun is main ap ka kasoor nahi ha, ap ghareeb marain yah ap ka kasoor ha."**

1 Like

My whole city is infested with them, you stop for a couple of minutes and hoards of them attack you. Police do nothing to get them off the streets because they are regularly getting their share.