Shoes that Contains human blood in sole

Nike is suing Brooklyn art collective MSCHF over a controversial pair of ‘Satan Shoes’ that contains a drop of real human blood in the soles. The $1,018 trainers, which feature an inverted cross, a pentagram, and the words ‘Luke 10:18’, were made using modified Nike Air Max 97s. MSCHF released 666 pairs of shoes on Monday in collaboration with rapper Lil Nas X and says they sold out in less than a minute.
lil-nas-x-mschf-nike-sues

Nike claims trademark infringement. The black and red shoes were “dropped” by MSCHF on Monday, coinciding with the launch of Lil Nas X’s latest song Montero (Call Me By Your Name), which debuted on YouTube last Friday. Each shoe features a signature Nike air bubble cushioning sole, containing 60 cubic centimeters (2.03 fluid ounces) of red ink and a single drop of human blood, donated by members of the art collective.
Lil Nas X said on Twitter he would choose the recipient of the 666th pair from social media users who circulated one of his tweets.

Nike, in its lawsuit filed in federal court in New York, said the shoes were produced “without Nike’s approval and authorization,” and the company was “in no way connected with this project.”

“There is already evidence of significant confusion and dilution occurring in the marketplace, including calls to boycott Nike in response to the launch of MSCHF’s Satan Shoes based on the mistaken belief that Nike has authorized or approved this product,” the lawsuit said.

Nike asked the court to immediately stop MSCHF from fulfilling orders for the shoes and requested a jury trial to seek damages.

Representatives for Lil Nas X and MSCHF did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The Grammy-winning rapper, 21, on Friday released a video for the new song “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” in which he dances with a character wearing devil horns.

19 Likes

Great piece of writing. Keep up the good work. :100::ok_hand::blush:

3 Likes

Thank you for your appreciation.

2 Likes

Unique shoes :joy::raised_hands:

2 Likes

Whats wrong with people🤦🏻‍♂️

3 Likes

Hainn🙄 Log pagal ho gaye hainn…
Yeh kis tareeke se duniya tarakii kar rahi hai? :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes