Suicide: The Dilemma of to Live Or not to Live

In today’s youth, suicide is the leading cause of death. In this century, suicide has become a hot issue that needs attention for its prevention. The suffering and pain that precedes the suicide of a dear one are unimaginable. When the person who dies is young, the devastation is even more profound. My heart aches when I see young talented youth who can bring a change in society prefer to end their depression by killing themselves. Firstly, let me pen down some of the major factors that hype people to commit suicide:

• Depression and other mental health disorders
  • Family Violence (physical or sexual abuse)
  • Peer and family pressure for obtaining high grades
    DISCUSSION
    download
    It is the second leading cause of death among fifteen to twenty-nine-year-olds globally stated by World Health Organization (2015). Ending a life is a big step in the wrong direction for most. Suicide is the killing of oneself. Suicide happens every day, and every day a family’s life is changed. Something needs to be done to raise awareness of that startling fact. Depression is the major cause of suicidal thoughts and ideas. After a long enough period of time, people become worn down and become less and less happy. Depression can affect anyone, being rich, poor, young, old, race, or religious. Because depression is a medical condition dealing with the functioning of brain chemicals and emotion, that makes any person susceptible. Common causes for depression include death, romance divorce, or moving. Pain is caused by displeasure from something that is important to the person suffering. Sylvia Plath, a notable poet, who was treated for depression and later killed herself, described terrible violence within her: “I have a violence in me that is hot as death-blood,”.Igniting such a volatile temperament with psychological stress, or with depressive illness or other psychiatric disorder, is often deadly.
    Prevention
  • Reach out to your Near and Dear ones, lend them your ear so that they can’t suppress the pain they are going through
  • Don’t pressurize your young ones for grades. Good grades are not a guarantee for a successful career
  • Being Muslims, we know self-slaughtering is a sin and we should seek guidance from Quran and Islam
  • Try to soothe boiling minds, take time and rethink your action
    We might not have witnessed any loss and this idea of suicide might seem foreign to some of you but I’m dead sure you have seen such a scenario in your surrounding. Losing people just bursts my heart, even if they are not my blood relative. My heart saddens at the loss of the family and most importantly of the nation. I believe in the idea of everyone is talented and important in their own way.
2 Likes

Agreed🙌!! Depression is a mental illness and it must be cured.it most of the times leads to sucide. It is sad that due to stigma of seeking help from psychiatrists and the fear of being labelled as pagal stops these people from seeking help… We need to educate our people more regarding this.

2 Likes

:100: You’re right. We are actually lagging behind mentally. We need to broaden our minds to save our loved ones

2 Likes

You had chosen very great content :sparkles::fire:

1 Like

But suicide show that you don’t have strong faith on Allah…otherwise you will know that something better will happen after every bad situation

1 Like

that’s the actual dilemma. Sometimes you need a reminder or encouragement. this is why I’ve mentioned to be there for your loved ones.

1 Like

We have great capacity of writing