The gold-gilded advice for medicos

I am a galiant observer who is usually too tired to contract muscles let alone use brain. Who do we blame for such abominable consequences?
‘What did you say, MBBS?’

Well, that is the right answer! Bonus points for you.

For newly admitted medicos, years gallop away quite fast, if I be meticulously precise. I remember that it had been my first week in medical school and I was already counting off the days when I would be free of this place; able to walk out in the wild world.

It seemed a very long journey back then, but now it seems not even to wait for its passengers to board elegantly. The college seems like a cage during initial days but feels like a home later although it still takes all of my diligently saved up energy to wake up in the morning, get dressed (in last working day’s clothes) and head for Lecture Theatre. There are days which seem to be monotonous when even the prospect of getting out of bed and having to face all the lectures and the newly brewing summer heat tires me.

Those of you zealots who want out of First Year and into Second year quickly, hold your horses because unlike first year, 2nd year is all about walking in your old worn out shoes. It’s the same old Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry but if you think that with changing times the attitudes (of the esteemed teachers and staff) are bound to change for better, I herald a bad news - you come malignant from benign in their actual opinion.

Many of you will disagree and you have every liberty to do so because well, we live in a free world.

Trust me when I say this - Doing limbs is a lot more easier than doing abdomen & pelvis which is all but, understandable.

You would think that practice makes a man perfect and that humans are capable of adapting to changing environments because that is what Darwin taught us, however, I am still trying to adapt to the tougher ways of medicine.

This is where the theory of evolution loses me because I am not evolving rather still suffering; still trying to make sense of my deplorable text books, hanging by the cliff and relying more on last hour prayers than my efforts at vanquishing test syllabi, failing to maintain sleep hours and utilizing them in my favour.

Sometimes, I think I ought to sit down and have a one to one talk with Darwin’s ghost over a cup of tea because as much as I hate to reveal it publicly, I seem to have proven his life’s work erroneous.

First Year is all lilies and daisies, everything is so shiny and adorable with cherries on top but by the end of the year you have lived through everything once, hence, its reiteration wears off the charm sooner than you would like. I recall that once like you, we were also little bunnies too for whom a mere substage was the hardest hurdle to hop across in our perfectly constructed woodland.

Then, we met the beast called PROF EXAM to fight for our rightful position in the over populated kingdom of merit. Mind you, that the aftermath of this battle did not create glorious conquerors (as it does in the movies) but dark, twisted, disillusioned, damaged and permanently scarred people with compromised mental health.

b9933b5bf5782862538d3ed6f8ff2166

However, those of you untainted souls who cannot bear the gruesome facts of life please by all means do not pay attention to what I just said. There are still gummy bears and jellies out there for you; there is still a beautiful eden full of fuzzy warm hugs and cuddling buddies to wrap you up in its cozy embrace and shelter you from all known evil. As for I, who might have scared you out of your wits, also bear glad tidings.

THINGS TO CRAM:

1. As much as you can, attend all the events at your alma mater (unless you have better tour plans) because you need to decide for yourself what events are worth attending, next year and/or onwards.

2. Be part of the societies you deem worthy of your time and taste. You can always leave what does not fit you, later.

3. Class functions and Welcomes are fun. Dress up and transform into someone very good looking. I know you all are stunners but add up some extra sparkle for the night as these are going to be your basic memories.

4. The life as you knew it, is over and you have to visit your bookshelves, dust off your text books and be a good kid daily because you have to pass and you better pass in one year. There is no easy way out. You have to study like it’s the end of you. Bad times pass too, excruciatingly slow, but they do. When you will hopefully pass, trust me, it will be the best temporary jubilation on earth.

Keep striving to make this world a better place. Dwell in your little positively contagious delusional bubble, make your own report of life and learn from everything.

8 Likes

Ap ne to acha khasa khtarnak or khaufnak nak naksha khench dia he is zindagi ka :roll_eyes: :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Reminds me of Patras Bukhari’s Sawarey Jo Kal Aankh Meri Khuli for some reason :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha, btw I guess you won the last week? KUDOSSSSSS

1 Like

Hehehe, takeh aap timely katt lo.

1 Like

Haha close enough, but I just won today for the first time since competition restarted.
And thanks a ton for nice appreciation gesture.

1 Like

Your writing skills are marvelous. You put it so well :clap:

1 Like

If you ask me I’ll say, This life is a bit off-putting but enjoyable too. From the stress of appearing in a test to the celebrations of passing it, everything is delightful. In the start you literally cry over trivial things but slowly you grow up, now even failing a test doesn’t affect you. You do need to work hard but don’t forget to play hard too.

1 Like

No doubt, you’re a medico too?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the appreciation
This time I haven’t written anything much competitive, pta nahin kiun mood nahin horaha abhii tak :joy:

1 Like

Yess! Which college are you from?

Na na… Tb tk ni chorein ge jb tk chorna par na jae.! :joy:

1 Like