Things That We Know We Don't Know

images

Uptil now in my life, I’ve had some 8000 hours of lectures - schools, high school, coaching academy & now the mighty college - but never did I hear a single teacher enter and say, ‘‘Students, this is what we know about today’s topic & this is what we know not.’’

This symbolizes the root shortcoming for our downfall as a system: the reason why we have become stigmatized is because we confuse the ABUNDANCE of information with the SUFFICIENCY of knowledge.

11 Likes

First off, we have become less creative, as it plays an important role in learning and questioning.
Secondly, preparing before delivering a lecture and attending a lecture is crucial.
And at last, Knowledge is inexhaustible, learning should be limitless. One should keep on learning to bring about a fluctuation.

2 Likes

Yes, effort is two sided.

1 Like

What are your thoughts about this?

@Zainab_Sajid @artisto_phillic @Fatima_Khan

1 Like

This fault in our educational system has limited interest of students in gaining knowledge about their grind, they just cram up and boom you got first position in board exams without knowing what you’ve soaked up. The reason why western countries are developed countries, they enable young minds to put interest in science subjects etc, I hope someday our educational system will change, hope for the best.

2 Likes

Research mindset is the immediate need of time

2 Likes

Its all about securing highest marks and all the edicational institutes are providing us with is the push towards cramming…Students cant achieve high marks in board exams by concepts,self writing and knowledge but by cramming scholar,ilmi , text books etc.And institutes only want DISTINCTIONS for their repute and future :money_mouth_face: . Thus mostly teachers prefer book reading and ordinary methods according to insrructions of institutes.!!

1 Like

Exactly my point. It is more faculty fault than students. I totally remember FSc mei apni taraf se alfaaz minimum istamaal kiay jaty thy because jo book mei likha hai usi se stick karna hai khwah wrong ya out of date ho.

2 Likes

Bilkul :100:
Even k maths bht wide he… Ek q ko solve krne k different methods hote the… Or hmein whi rtwaya jata tga jo method book mein hota tha… Kisi dusre method se solve kia hua q chahe sahi hi ho, teachers wrong krte the k board mein kisi or method k marks ni milein ge…!!
Ab is bri or kia misal hogi …!! :tipping_hand_woman:

1 Like