Tiktok banned in Pakistan!

One of the most popular and controversial application Tiktok has been banned again in Pakistan by Peshawar High court yesterday for hosting “immoral videos” that are not acceptable for Pakistani society.

The app was previously banned in October of the last year following the same allegations to which the app reassured that they will remove such videos and the ban was lifted just after 10 days.

Tiktok is widely popular in Pakistan because of its feature of 15 second videos that could go viral and anyone can become famous. While on one hand it is the source of entertainment but it is also spreading vulgarity in our society.

People have mixed reaction to this news. Some are really happy that finally it got banned while the tiktokers and tiktok lovers seems a bit upset. Let’s see if this ban will be permanent or will be lifted again like last year.

Do you think that this is a good decision? Should this ban be permanent or not? Or Is tiktok really spreading vulgarity? Tell me in the comment section.

12 Likes

I think this ban should be permanent now

2 Likes

Yes absolutely!

Yes! Good decision made py Peshawar High court. It should be banned permanently. :+1:

1 Like

Yes Exactly :+1:

Its not the app that spreading vulgarity, its the people on it. These people should be banned, their accounts should be banned rather than the whole app. There is really good content there too. Like people educating others about abnormalities, mental health issues etc through short videos. some people use it to make videos of beautiful landscapes of their countries to promote all around the world. Most importantly some people were using it to spend quality time with their families during quarantine through trying and learning different global challenges. It helped them keep sane during this tough time. So you cannot fully blame the app because of what some people are doing on it. Ban those accounts!!!

3 Likes

The problem is not in the app but the people who make vulgar content. But the app also failed completely in stopping this vulgarity. They were given a chance before but they failed so it’s the only option to ban the app.

1 Like

I second ur opinion

1 Like

good its a Right Decision!

1 Like

Thank you☺️

1 Like

Yes it is👍

ur welcome Dear.!

1 Like

No I don’t Think its a Good Decission because there’s nothing wrong with the App.Tiktok is just an application.It’s upto us that how we use this application.How can we Get benefit From this application. We can used it in a Positive manners.But in our country there’s no awareness . And we Get Negative day by day.we need awareness about everything for a Better Country, Future.:heart:

1 Like

Yes you are definitely right that it depends on us how we use the application. But the age group of children especially from 10 to 15 years are not mature enough to understand what’s wrong and what’s right. They will go where they get entertainment and thus they will follow what they are watching. It is the duty of their parents to control them but the government have also some kind of duties. Tiktok has also been a cause of deaths of some people.

Yes this is what i am saying that we need educate our ownself and our children about what is wrong and what is not. Also i think for the sake of fame, followers, we forget the difference between right and wrong. All of this happens because of less awareness. Trust me we can use this application in a better way and get benefit from it. We can earn from this application. Government shouldn’t banned this application. Instead they need to improve the content🥺

2 Likes

But here the right of freedom of speech is not fulfilled. Such a policy should be adapted where some organization will keep a check on the content and will automatically remove the wrong videos. Otherwise its a platform where people can learn and earn too so those shouldn’t be deprived of it. Check and.balance is important

1 Like

Right.
Now point to Ponder is why are these apparently decent people spreading vulgarity. The reasons should be checked and worked upon. Over suppression of emotions leads to a blast, psychology says.

1 Like

Yes that’s true👏

Everything has its own goods and bads. We should promote what is right.

1 Like

Yes exactly :+1:

1 Like