Weight loss tips: fact or fiction?

Do you spend your days eating your feelings away while dreaming about losing weight, eating healthy and finally reaching your ultimate fit life.

Do you mindlessly scroll through social media pages, skim through magazine articles hoping to somehow get the secret access to that magic pill that will make those numbers on the scale go down?

Well you’re definitely not alone.
In this article, we will take popular weight loss tips one by one and see which ones are a definite gateway to your fitness goals.

But before we do that, I need you to remember your mantra for today :

CALORIES IN < CALORIES OUT

1. CUT OUT ALL CARBS E.G. RICE, ROTI, SUGAR, BREAD:
    This one’s a very popular one. And to your satisfaction is a MYTH.
    Any diet form, or an instructor telling you to cut off a major food group from your diet is giving you an ultimate recipe for failure. Wondering why?
    Carbs provide you with energy. To be specific, they are the main source of energy the body leans on. A carbohydrate deficit diet can lead to fatigue, low blood sugar levels, mood swings, and nutritional deficiencies. And these are only a handful of drawbacks among many.

2. SAY NO TO FATS:
    Considering we want to lose fat, this one seems legitimate, right? WRONG.
    Fats make up another major portion of our food and rightly so. Fats provide you with essential fatty acids, which is something we NEED from an outward source since our body is incapable of producing it on our own. In addition, the absorption of vitamins is made possible due to fats. What are some of the fat sources, you ask? Nuts and seeds, fish, oil, cheese, cream etc.
    Yummy right? Who could say no to that. Not me.
    So next time someone tells you to say NO to fats, run the opposite direction.

3. CARDIO IS YOUR RELIGION/WEIGHTS MAKE YOU BULKY:
    No matter how much you try to convince me, I KNOW there’s not a single person out there who enjoys cardio.
    So why commit to a plan you know you dread the idea of?
    Pick up those weights you’ve been steering clear of, ladies. You will NOT be bulky.

Why?

Women’s bodies are naturally designed to be leaner. The hormone that causes bulk? Well luckily, you’re not blessed with high levels of it required to turn you into SHE-HULK. So unless you take steroids, you’re going to look JUST FINE AND FEMININE.

1. 10 KGS IN 10 DAYS:
    I’m ashamed to admit I’ve fallen for this one too. And I’m sure some of you have as well. It’s a MYTH, honey.
    Now here, the first thing you need to understand is there is a difference between WEIGHT LOSS and FAT LOSS.
    Weight loss can be just pure water loss from your body. Or muscle loss. BUT FAT LOSS IS FAT LOSS. And you cannot lose 10 kgs of FAT in 10 days. Unless you’ve found yourself a magic lamp.
    These 10 days diets are vigorous, detrimental to your body and all you’re losing is 10 kgs of water + muscle. Thankyou for NOTHING.

2. EATING AT MIDNIGHT CAUSES YOU TO GAIN WEIGHT:
    Let’s jog that memory a little. Remember your mantra for today?
    … CALORIES IN < CALORIES OUT
    Right!
    No matter what you eat and when you eat, if the amount of calories going in your body is less than what you’re burning, you will lose weight!!!
    Good news, right?
    A plate of 100kcal fries will not magically turn into 200kcal at 12 AM.

To make it easier for you to grasp, this mantra applies to every other point we just discussed.
No matter what you eat, be it carbs, fats or protein
No matter how much you work out
No matter when you eat what you’re eating
IF
CALORIES IN < CALORIES OUT
YOU’RE GOING TO LOSE THAT WEIGHT!
Which is one way to tell you moderation is key. Eat in moderation, work out in moderation (be it walking or weights or running). Be mindful. Be happy. You will look great, once you make the effort to start feeling great.

RFERENCES:

1. https://www.reidhealth.org/blog/carbohydrates-101-the-benefits-of-carbohydrate
  2. Does Lifiting Weights Make Women Bulk Up?

(this is intended to provide you with information based on my own research and self assessment. What worked for me may not work for you hence no specific diet plan has been mentioned. If you have questions, I’d be happy to answer all I know)

8 Likes

Thankyou for this. It is very informative. But for a person who really doesnt know anything about calories, how should they know which food has how much calories. Especially desi food, it has so many stuff in it, you cannot just count calories in it or Can you??

1 Like

Thankyou so much.
To answer your question, it is possible. Definitely takes a little getting used to. So for beginners, I would recommend using a kitchen scale. Weigh each ingredient, log it into any calorie counting app like MyFitnessPal. It will give you the calories. Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to eyeball ingredients and take a mental note of how much calories a food item has. Be it daal or chawal or roti. Hope that helps (:

1 Like

Wow
You handled the topic nicely

1 Like

oh thats great!!!

1 Like

It’s a fact because by doing exercise daily it’s better for our health maintain and maintain metabolism and other things are home made remedies are used for lose fat and weight