"your body is not wrong,society is."

I’ve been hearing comments from my relatives, friends and even strangers on my body weight since childhood and I know this is not the case only with me. In our society body shaming is very common. We don’t spare anyone. I’m not obese but yeah I used to be overweight and I remember how my mother used to get worried. “Nobody will send a proposal for her, she’s so fat.” My relatives used to come and tell me that I need to lose kilos to get a good proposal when I was just in my teenage and trust me it used to shatter my heart into million of pieces. I used to think that my life only revolves around getting good “rishtas”. My hardwork, my dedication, studies, talents never mattered to anyone. What just always bothered everyone was my body weight. The comments on my weight made me so insecure about my body. I never felt comfortable in my own skin or should I say nobody wanted me to feel comfortable. We need to understand that our bodies are never a problem.

I know that most of us have heard things like these and had become the victim of body shaming at some point of our lives. You are skinny, overweight, obese, have dark complexion, hairy, have acne problem or whatever else, people never let you live peacefully. Hating our bodies is something we need to unlearn but people will never let us do that. There’s nothing wrong with our imperfections, flaws, curves, stretchmarks, body hair, skin colour, acne, facial hair and bones. The problem is with our society who has set certain beauty standards and we are the people who make society and can change it. Our job is not to look like models in magazines. All bodies are indeed beautiful and we need to realize it as it’s high time. Let’s become friends with our own bodies. They have been waiting since long. Let’s start feeling comfortable in our own skin no matter what people say. Self love is the only power we have to make our little world beautiful. Don’t let others hurt you by their judgemental comments and please also don’t hurt others by commenting on their body size, weight, complextion and other things. I wish this little awareness message from my side will help us understand that we all are beautiful with our imperfections and flaws.

8 Likes

Rightly said :100: :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much. Means a lot!!

1 Like

Amazing Good Attempt dear :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much. It was my first topic so I was a bit confused before writing. Just wrote what was on my mind. Glad you liked it. Thank you for the appreciation. Means a lot!! :blush:

2 Likes

keep it up dude

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :blush:

1 Like

Very well said… We should not hurt others by commenting on there physical appearance and we should not let down other’s by our useless words…Our one compliment can change someone’s entire day… So we should use kind word’s for other’s​:blush::heart:

1 Like

Exactly mate :100::100::heart: